It doesn’t come as a surprise that as long as you are using the internet, you are prone to third parties trying to collect your information. Your information can then be used for illegal online activities which can end you up in a huge trouble. Or perhaps, your information can be used to fill up random fake surveys and stuff to spam you with random emails.
In this regard, Do not track me is a simple tool that can help you protect your privacy. It ensures that you are not being tracked online so that no one can collect your information. It basically helps in blocking all the add-ons or cookies etc which have a tracking capability.
Therefore, before going any further, it is to be mentioned here that do not track me is a useful toolbar to be used as it is quite effective. However, every once in a while, you can face an issue that needs the do not track me toolbar removed from your computer or browser and leave you wondering, how to remove do not track me toolbar. For instance, if your internet browser is slow while launching or while browsing pages, do not track me toolbar can be a cause behind it.
It is worth mentioning here that if the speed of browser also depends on the page that you are loading, therefore, do not track me toolbar might not be the cause in all the cases. Uninstalling the toolbar, nonetheless, is a great idea.
How to remove DoNotTrackMe toolbar from Firefox
- Click on the orange firefox button on the top left of the screen.
- Click on tools.
- Find and click on the add-ons option.
- Within add-ons, go into extensions.
- On the list of extensions currently installed with your firefox browser, locate DNTME extensions.
- Once located, click on uninstall or remove option to get rid of the Do Not Track Me toolbar.
- Now close the firefox browser and then launch it again. It will allow the browser to take effect of the changes which were made.
How to remove DoNotTrackMe toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, close your browser i-e internet explorer.
- Press the start button.
- Launch the control panel.
- Click on uninstall a program which is under programs.
- Find the DoNotTrackMe toolbar from the list of programs.
- Click on uninstall. Wait for the uninstallation to complete.
- Launch internet explorer to let it take effect of the changes that were made.
How to remove DoNotTrackMe toolbar registry via PC performer
- Click Here to download PC Performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer and browser will be completely free of DoNotTrackMe toolbar and its useless files.