Default tab toolbar is a product of Search Results, LLC. Search results is basically a browser hijacker. If you have recently downloaded a program or a software, default tab toolbar by search results might have been downloaded along with it which changed your default home page as well as default search engine to mysearchresults.com.
Search results will start to display its own results and ads and sponsored links while you will be making searches via it. The toolbar may also collect your data which might further be used for illegal activities over the internet. The default tab toolbar by search results, llc is used to increase the revenue of advertising.
Although the default tab toolbar by search results, llc is not a virus by definition, but it still exhibits a lot of malicious traits, for instance, browser hijacking. The more technical term which is used for default tab toolbar is Potentially unwanted program (PUP).
How to remove default tab toolbar from windows
- In order to remove the default tab toolbar from windows, click on the start button.
- Click on the control panel to open it.
- Search the “uninstall a program” option and open it.
- Add/Remove option for windows XP user.
- Scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall BrowserDefender, SelectionLinks, MixiDJ Chrome, DefaultTab and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
- Once done, the default tab toolbar will be uninstalled and now you can set your homepage and search engine back to whatever you need.
How to remove default tab toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, launch internet explorer on your computer.
- Find the gear icon in the internet explorer, then click on it.
- From the new panel that opens, click on the option that reads manage add-ons.
- Locate the toolbars and extensions tab, select default tab browser helper, selection links, and any other unwanted plugins, then click on disable.
- Once disabled, you can set your default search engine and homepage back to whatever you need.
How to remove default tab toolbar from Mozilla firefox
- Click on the orange firefox button after launching the firefox browser.
- Locate the option that reads add-ons and click on it.
- Click on the option that reads extensions. Find the default tab 2.0 extension from the list of extensions mentioned and click on remove.
- Once removed, you can set your default search engine and homepage back to whatever you need.
How to remove default tab toolbar from Google chrome
- Click on the chrome menu button after launching google chrome on your computer.
- Find the TOOLS options and then click on extensions with in the tools option.
- In the extension tab, you will find default tab 1.1.19.
- Click the recycle bin button in front of this extension to remove it.
- Click on other recycle bin buttons in front of extensions which are useless as well.
- Once it is removed, you can set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.
Furthermore, you can try the PC performer software in order to remove the registry files as well belonging to default tab toolbar by search results, llc. Click Here to download PC Performer.