Snap.do is a browser hijacker, that offers a web search engine (search.snap.do) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs, and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Snap.do got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker. For example, when you install vShare, you’ll also install the Snap.do which will change your default search engine and homepage. However, when you uninstall vShare from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove Snap.do from your favorite web browser manually. Following steps can be followed to remove Snap.do toolbar from your computer.
How to remove Snap.do toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be shown a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the Snap.do toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the Snap.do toolbar.
How to remove Snap.do toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the Snap.do toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says internet options. Click on it.
- From within the internet option, click on advanced tab and click on the reset button.
- Check the delete personal settings box, then click on reset.
- Once done, click close in the confirmation dialog box and click Ok.
- Close and then re-launch internet explorer.
How to remove Snap.do toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on help menu and go into troubleshooting.
- Click the reset button that you will find in the upper right corner of the troubleshooting information.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on reset firefox.
How to remove Snap.do toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the Snap.do Toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove DealPly toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your Snap.do toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of Snap.do Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the Snap.do toolbar has been removed from your computer or browser, you can set your homepage as well as the default search engine back to whatever you want.