Sweetpacks is an adware program, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add to your browser the Sweetpacks Toolbar, change your homepage to start.sweetpacks.com and set your browser default search engine to search.sweetpacks.com. Sweetpacks search will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries.
Sweetpacks toolbar got on your computer along with some other free software or program that you downloaded and installed from the internet. However, when you uninstall that software, the sweetpacks toolbar is not removed from your browser settings, and therefore, the following steps can be used to remove the sweetpacks toolbar from your computer.
How to remove Sweetpacks toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be shown a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the SweetIM for Messenger, SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Update Manager for SweetPacks in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the sweetpacks toolbar.
How to remove Sweetpacks toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the sweetpacks toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says internet options. Click on it.
- From within the internet option, click on advanced tab and click on the reset button.
- Check the delete personal settings box, then click on reset.
- Once done, click close in the confirmation dialog box and click Ok.
- Close and then re-launch internet explorer.
How to remove sweetpacks toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on help menu and go into troubleshooting.
- Click the reset button that you will find in the upper right corner of the troubleshooting information.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on reset firefox.
How to remove sweetpacls toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the SweetIM for Facebook, New Tab 2.0, Sweetpacks Chrome Extensions, Sweetpacks Toolbar etc to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove sweetpacks toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your sweetpacks toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of sweetpacks Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the sweetpacks toolbar has been removed from your computer or browser, you can set your homepage as well as the default search engine back to whatever you want.