Ask offers a web search engine (ask.com) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
ASK Toolbar got on your computer after you installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this program. However, when you uninstall that program from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove ASK toolbar from your favorite web browser manually. Following steps can be followed to remove ASK toolbar from your computer.
How to remove ASK toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the ASK toolbar and ASK toolbar updater in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the ASK toolbar.
How to remove ASK toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the ASK toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says, manage add-ons. Click on it.
- From within the manage add-ons option, click on toolbars and extensions.
- You will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed, click on ASK toolbar and ASK bar BHO and disable it.
How to remove ASK toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the ASK toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove ASK toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the ASK toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove ASK toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your ASK toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of ASK Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the ASK toolbar is removed out of your computer, you can then easily set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.