A pop up blocker proves very beneficial when it comes to blocking up the unnecessary and irritating pop ups like various advertisements and random windows appearing on the website you are visiting. It saves up your time and energy both but if a pop up blocker is set on then there’s quite a possibility that it will block of the necessary and valuable pop ups as well. There by interfering with important secondary windows and not showing up various forms, important announcements and documents, pop up blockers leaves you in a disadvantage. Some pop up blockers are also linked with multiple websites. One you click a pop up, it opens several other windows for you. Therefore, you might find a need to go to the setting area and disable these pop up blockers.
How to turn off the pop up blocker in Google chrome
Disabling pop up blocker of chrome requires you to follow few simple and quick steps and once accomplished you no longer will be denied the access to significant pop ups.
- First of all, open the chrome browser
- Begin with clicking on the top right of the browser that reads “customize and control Google chrome”
- Now locate the “settings” and click on it. Once done, a new window wil be opened in front of you.
- Scroll down the page until you find, “show advanced settings”
- Once you open the advanced settings, you will have to locate “content setting option” and click on it.
- You can now see a section related to pop ups. Here you will find a circle in front of the words “allow all sites to show pop ups”. You will have to click that circle.
- Close your browser now and in order to make sure it is disabled properly, restart your browser again. It is likely that the browser will be disabled.
Disabling the pop up blocker will make sure that you don’t miss any pop up that might be of significant use to you but a drawback includes receiving other irrelevant pop ups as well.