Internet is the sole and most popular source of providing unlimited and authentic information all around the globe. But with its countless benefits comes little harm among which one is the exposure of undesirable content to the young ones who do not know how to make the right use of internet. The inappropriate content displayed by few websites can easily be made available to your child therefore it becomes very important to keep your child safe by blocking all the sites showing nasty content. Some of these sites may involve phising while others may be related to pornography.
Internet explorer can free you from this apprehension and lesson your concern as it comes with an inbuilt feature to block all the websites with unwanted stuff. Those who use Internet Explorer as their browser need not to worry. The following steps will help you block the unwanted sites on the Internet explorer.
How To Block Unwanted Sites In Internet Explorer:-
- Open Internet explorer and go to the “tools”
- A drop down menu will appear in front of you once you click the gear button.
- Select internet option which will direct you to the internet options page.
- You are now required to click o the security tab followed by the “restricted area”
- In order to open the list that shows the sites that needs to be restricted, click on “sites”
- In the space provided, enter the website you which to block and not be accessible to anyone when surfed through your internet explorer.
- After providing the correct address of the website you wish to block, press “add”.
- Now click “close” and in the internet option windows, press OK.
How to check whether the blocked website is actually blocked?
In order to confirm that the website you have blocked is actually blocked, follw the steps provided.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Now type the URL of the website you have blocked in the tab and press enter. It will direct you to a blank page and will not open anything.
On the other hand if you want to undo your procedure or you wish to remove the restriction from any website, go to the restricted sites window again. Search for the website you want to unblock from the list of blocked websites. Click on
“Remove” and close your windows. Now restart your windows and surf again to access the recently unblocked website.
This simple procedure will help you to block all the websites you think are inappropriate for your children. You can easily unblock them for your convenience too.