Babylon is a potentially unwanted program, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add the Babylon Toolbar, change your browser homepage and default search engine to isearch.babylon.com.
Babylon Toolbar got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this program. However, when you uninstall that program from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove babylon toolbar from your favorite web browser manually. Following steps can be followed to remove babylon toolbar from your computer.
How to remove babylon toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the babylon in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the babylon toolbar.
How to remove babylon toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the babylon toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says, manage add-ons. Click on it.
- From within the manage add-ons option, click on toolbars and extensions.
- You will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed, click on Babylon toolbar and disable it.
How to remove babylon toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the babylon toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove babylon toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the babylon toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove babylon toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your babylon toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of babylon Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the babylon toolbar is removed out of your computer, you can then easily set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.