If you’ve recently updated your web browser or transitioned to Windows 7, you may have discovered that the Bing toolbar has been added to your Internet browser. For some people the bing toolbar is a really useful one since they prefer to use the bing search engine over the google search engine. However, for others, the bing toolbar can be frustrating since they don’t prefer to use it. In such circumstances, it is always better to remove the bing toolbar from your computer in order to increase the general performance of your computer and internet browser.
How to remove bing toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the bing toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the bing toolbar.
How to remove bing toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the bing toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says, manage add-ons. Click on it.
- From within the manage add-ons option, click on toolbars and extensions.
- You will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed, click on bing toolbar and disable it.
How to remove bing toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the bing toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove bing toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the bing toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove bing toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your bing toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of bing Toolbar and its useless files.
When the bing toolbar was installed in your computer, it must have changed your default search engine and homepage to bing.com. Once it has been removed, you can change your default search engine back to whatever you want.