Wajam is a social search engine – it’s a browser add-on which enhances Internet users search experience by showing additional search results which are related to what their friends have shared on FaceBook, Twitter or Google+. It’s a useful and popular browser plug-in, however some computer users report that they are seeing ads by Wajam and they haven’t installed this plug-in by themselves. Notice that Wajam is not related to malware or virus infections, it’s a legitimate browser add-on. Situations when this plug-in was installed on user’s computer without their consent could be related to several different accidents – this browser add-on may have come bundled with free software downloaded from the Internet or someone else using user’s computer could have installed it.
Either way Wajam’s plug-in installation wasn’t caused by any malicious software etc. To avoid installation of unwanted browser add-ons computer users should be cautious when installing free software or free browser plug-ins. Developers of free software are commonly bundling their programs and extensions which additional browser add-ons for monetization purposes. Every time you install free software downloaded from the Internet you should closely inspect every installation step for clues of changing your Internet browsers homepage, default search engine or installation of additional browser add-ons.
This browser add-on integrates it’s social search features while computer users use Google, Amazon, Ebay etc. Wajam browser add-on is not a virus or malware – if you have installed it yourself you don’t need to follow any removal steps provided in this article, however if you feel that this browser extension was installed on your computer without your consent and you want to eliminate it, you can use the provided removal guide.
How to remove Wajam toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the wajam in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the wajam toolbar.
How to remove wajam toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your wajam toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of wajam Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the wajam toolbar is removed out of your computer, you can then easily set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.