Often people download free toolbars without suspecting any harm. For example, you might install the Bullguard toolbar for trial purposes only to find that it slows your browser down. If this happens, find out how to remove Bullguard toolbar effectively because it could pose a risk.
Bullguard is software meant to help in the protection of your computer, enhancing privacy, mobile security and antivirus protection in computer networks. May be you downloaded the antivirus in order to remove spyware, worms, Trojans or rootkits but it fails you. At times installing this software hijacks your toolbar with numerous buttons for launching, scanning and status. It may also change your default homepage and search engine to something different. Therefore, it is a good idea to remove it out of your computer if you don’t specifically use it.
How to remove bullguard toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the bullguard toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the bullguard toolbar.
How to remove bullguard toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the bullguard toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says, manage add-ons. Click on it.
- From within the manage add-ons option, click on toolbars and extensions.
- You will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed, click on bullguard toolbar and disable it.
How to remove bullguard toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the bullguard toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove bullguard toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the bullguard chrome toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove bullguard toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your bullguard toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of bullguard Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the bullguard toolbar is removed out of your computer, you can then easily set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.