The anchor free toolbar is associated with the internet explorer web browser. The toolbar is developed by search results. Like many other toolbars, anchor free toolbar appears to be very helpful. This toolbar is classified as an adware. Typically, it is installed on your computer without your knowledge. Probably, this toolbar could be the reason why your computer’s performance has deteriorated.
The anchor free toolbar is notorious when it is installed on your PC. This toolbar is responsible for constant pop-ups as you go about your browsing. It is also responsible for constant redirects to sites that you never intended to visit. This is the reason why most computer users find the need for getting rid of this toolbar.
The toolbar also threatens the privacy of the user. Computer hackers use toolbars to access confidential information of the user. This is very dangerous because they end up using the info for malicious acts, which could get you as the user into trouble with the authorities.
Considering such harmful and malicious features that the anchorfree toolbar might have, it is always recommended to uninstall the anchorfree toolbar from your computer if you don’t specifically use it. The following easy steps can be followed to remove the anchorfree toolbar from your computer.
How to remove Anchorfree toolbar from your computer
- Open up the registry editor. This you can simply do by holding down your windows key on your keyboard, and press the R button. Type the word “regedit” and press the enter button so as to gain access to the registry editor.
- From the list of all the programs installed on your computer, find the anchor free toolbar in your registry.
- Disable or delete the toolbar. You can do this by right clicking on the toolbar from the registry list, and when you see the list of options after right clicking on it, choose the uninstall or remove option.
- Wait for the process of uninstalling the toolbar to complete before you restart your computer.
How to remove Anchorfree toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your anchorfree toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of anchorfree Toolbar and its useless files.
Another very easy way of uninstalling the anchor free toolbar is by installing a computer anti-virus. For you to completely remove this toolbars, you need to locate DLL that’s this toolbar uses, go to that f older and delete it.
When anchorfree toolbar was installed in your computer, it changed your default search engine and homepage to something else. Now since you have removed the anchorfree toolbar from your computer, you can change your default homepage and search engine to whatever you want.