Conduit is a browser hijacker program and changes the settings of your browser once installed into your system. It participates in unethical practices and gives your browsing information to the third parties for their uses. It changes your default search engine, changes your default home page and cause redirections to their home page as well as third party websites. The conduit virus comes bundled with promoting programs and gets added to your computer when you install them. They also add other extensions and add-ons to your computer and thus taking space and settings. We will describe here how to remove conduit virus from your computer and browsers.
Uninstalling conduit through the Control Panel
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel option.
2. In the coming Control panel window select “Uninstall a program” option under Programs.
3. Clicking on “Uninstall a program” will take you to list of installed programs page. Search for Conduit programs and select them one by one.
4, Click “Uninstall” button after selecting a Conduit program. After following a set of Instructions you will be able to remove the program completely.
5. Do it for all the Conduit related programs.
6. Restart your computer to make the changes effective.
Removing Conduit from browsers add-ons list
Conduit also creates some add-ons or extensions in the browsers you use in your system. You need to remove those add-ons and also change the settings of the browsers. Go to the Tools menu of your browsers and select Add-ons or Extensions manager in it. Search for the conduit and other related programs in the list of installed add-ons in the browser. Select and remove or disable them one by one. Restart your browser then and the Conduit add-ons will be removed. Also change the search engine and default homepage settings in your browser to get rid of the Conduit virus completely.