A Google toolbar creates shortcuts to different Google sites and creates Google search field in your browser toolbar. But if you are not willing to use it and want to remove Google toolbar from your system then here are some ways to do it. We will describe two ways by which you can remove Google toolbar from your system. One is through Control Panel and other is through the Google toolbar itself.
Uninstalling Google toolbar through Control Panel
- Go to the Start button of Windows and open Start menu programs.
- Click and open Control Panel link in the list.
3. It opens a Control Panel window and there you need to click on “Uninstall a program” under Programs.
4. This will open a list of available installed programs in the system. Search for Google Toolbar in the list.
5. Click on it and click “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.
6. Follow the instructions until you completely remove it from the computer.
7. Restart the computer to see the changes.
8. Open the browser and go to the Google toolbar section.
9. Click the arrow after the gear icon in the toolbar section and it will show you the Google toolbar options.
Removing Google toolbar from toolbar itself
- Click on the “Uninstall” option in the list.
- It will give you a warning window “Are you sure you want to uninstall the Google toolbar”.
3. Click “Ok” if you are sure to remove it. After following instructions it will be removed from your browser.
4. Restart the computer to make the changes effective and you will find that the Google toolbar is gone.
There are some other third party software also which help in removing Google toolbar from your system. You can search for them in the web, install them and use them to remove programs.