Softonic Toolbar is a browser hijacker, which is promoted with the downloads from softonic.com, and once installed it will add the Softonic Toolbar, change your browser homepage to search.softonic.com, and set your default search engine to Softonic Web Search. The Softonic Web Search will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries.
Technically, softonic toolbar is not a virus, although it does depicts a lot of features of a malicious software for example, browser hijacking. Therefore, it is a good idea to remove it out of your computer before it does any harm. Following procedure can be followed to remove softonic toolbar from your computer.
How to remove softonic toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be shown a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the softonic toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the softonic toolbar.
How to remove softonic toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the softonic toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says internet options. Click on it.
- From within the internet option, click on advanced tab and click on the reset button.
- Check the delete personal settings box, then click on reset.
- Once done, click close in the confirmation dialog box and click Ok.
- Close and then re-launch internet explorer.
How to remove softonic toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on the option that says Add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions tab and you will be displayed a list of extensions installed on your firefox currently.
- Select softonic.com 1.6.0 and uninstall it.
How to remove softonic toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the softonic chrome Toolbar 1.0 to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove softonic toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your softonic toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of softonic Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the softonic toolbar has been removed from your computer or browser, you can set your homepage as well as the default search engine back to whatever you want.