Xvidly is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add the Xvidly Toolbar, change your browser homepage and default search engine to search.conduit.com.
Xvidly Search will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries. The Xvidly Toolbar infection is used to boost advertising revenue, as in the use of blackhat SEO, to inflate a site’s page ranking in search results.
Xvidly download manager toolbar is technically not a virus, however, it does show a lot malicious characteristics such as browser hijack. Therefore, if you are not using it, it is always better to remove it out of your computer. Following simple steps can be followed to remove xvidly download manager toolbar from your computer and browser.
How to remove Xvidly download manager toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be displayed a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the xvidly toolbar or xvidly download manager toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the xvidly download manager toolbar.
How to remove Xvidly download manager toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the xvidly download manager toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says, manage add-ons. Click on it.
- From within the manage add-ons option, click on toolbars and extensions.
- You will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed, click on xvidly toolbar or xvidly download manager toolbar and disable it.
How to remove Xvidly download manager toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the Xvidly1 10.16.4.19 toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove Xvidly download manager toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the Xvidly1 10.16.4.512 toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove Xvidly download manager toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your xvidly download manager toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of xvidly Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the Xvidly download manager toolbar has been removed from your computer, you can switch your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you want.