AVG Secure Search is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add the AVG Toolbar, change your browser homepage to mysearch.avg.com, and set your default search engine to AVG Secure Search.
The AVG toolbar is technically not a virus, however it does show certain malicious characteristics. Therefore, it falls under the category of browser hijackers, therefore, it is better to remove it out of your computer. The steps mentioned below can be used to get rid of the AVG toolbar.
How to remove AVG toolbar from your computer
- Click on start, launch control panel from the start button.
- Once in the control panel, locate the option that reads, uninstall a program then click on it.
- You will be shown a list of programs currently installed in your computer. Find the AVG Security toolbar and AVG safeguard toolbar in the list and uninstall it.
- Reboot your computer and your system will be entirely free of the AVG toolbars.
How to remove AVG toolbar from internet explorer
- First of all, in order to remove the AVG toolbar from internet explorer, you are going to have to launch internet explorer.
- Once the internet explorer has been launched, click on the small gear icon located on the top right side of the screen.
- Now you will find an option that says internet options. Click on it.
- From within the internet option, click on advanced tab and click on the reset button.
- Check the delete personal settings box, then click on reset.
- Once done, click close in the confirmation dialog box and click Ok.
- Close and then re-launch internet explorer.
How to remove AVG toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch firefox, then click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Now click on the extensions and you will be displayed a list of extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Locate the fast search by AVG safeguard toolbar extension, and click uninstall to get rid of it.
How to remove AVG toolbar from Google Chrome
- Launch google chrome, then click on the chrome menu button.
- From within, select tools and then click on extensions.
- In the extensions tab, click the small recycle bin button in front of the AVG safeguard Toolbar to remove it out of your computer.
How to remove AVG toolbar registry files via Pc Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your AVG safeguard toolbar registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of AVG safeguard Toolbar and its useless files.
Once the AVG toolbar has been removed from your computer, you can turn your homepage and default search engine to whatever you need.