Smileys we love fall under the category of potentially unwanted softwares. If you have recently downloaded a program from the internet, smiley we love might have been downloaded along with it and was installed on your computer. Once it is installed on your computer, you will see a smiley bar toolbar on your browser which will hijack your facebook, gmail, twitter chats.
Once the smiley bar toolbar is installed on your computer, all searched that you will make on your computer will have sponsored links and advertisements being displayed by the smiley bar toolbar. It can also collect search terms from your search queries, thus, smiley bar toolbar is nothing more than an advertising revenue boosting potentially unwanted program.
Since the smiley bar toolbar doesn’t have any particular purpose to be on your computer, in most cases, there is an urgent need to uninstall it. Following steps can be followed to uninstall smiley bar toolbar from your computer.
How to remove smiley bar toolbar from your computer
- In order to remove smiley bar toolbar, click on the start button and launch control panel.
- Once in the control panel, look for uninstall a program option and click on it.
- In the list of programs that you will be shown, find smileys we love toolbar, search protect by conduit, update checker and other potentially unwanted programs and click on uninstall to remove them completely from your computer.
- Sometimes, the smiley bar toolbar might be mentioned with a different name, therefore, remove any potentially unwanted program.
How to remove smiley bar toolbar from internet explorer
- Launch internet explorer. Click on the gear icon displayed on the top right side of the screen.
- From within the gear icon, click on internet options.
- From the internet options, click on the advanced tab and then press the reset button.
- In reset internet explorer settings, click on delete personal settings box and then press reset.
- When it finishes, click close to confirm. Then close and relaunch internet explorer to let the settings take effect.
How to remove smiley bar toolbar from Mozilla firefox
- Launch Mozilla firefox. Click on the orange firefox button.
- From within the firefox button, click on add-ons.
- Go into the tab that reads extensions. It will display you the list of extensions currently installed in your computer.
- Find smiley we love: smileys for use with facebook, gmail and more, then click on uninstall to remove smiley bar toolbar from your browser.
- Once uninstalled, you can set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.
How to remove smiley bar toolbar from google chrome
- Launch google chrome. Click on the chrome menu button.
- Click on tools and locate and press the button where it reads extensions.
- From the list of extensions displayed, click the small recycle bin button in front of the smileys we love or free smileys and emoticons to remove it from your browser.
- Once removed, you can then set your homepage and default search engine back to whatever you need.
How to remove smiley bar toolbar registry files using PC Performer
- Click Here to download PC performer.
- Close all opened browsers, then launch PC performer.
- Once PC performer is running, click on scan registry.
- Once done, click on delete or clear registry.
- Your registry will be cleaned. Now reboot your computer.
- Once rebooted, your computer will be totally free of smiley bar toolbar and its useless files.