Those who are using windows XP know the frustration on unnecessary activation messages appearing on their screens out of nowhere. This usually happens in the case when your activation of windows XP has expired and also in the situation when you have installed an unlicensed version of windows XP.
These are the kind of messages you receive.
These unwanted messages are a constant source of distraction and annoyance for the user who is working on something important. The activation message also requires you to restart your computer thus wasting a lot of time and interrupting the significant task being carried out. Buying the activation keys seems to be the possible solution however if you do not wish to proceed with it further then you would need to make sure that you don’t receive these messages by removing the windows XP activation messages manually.
How to remove windows XP activation messages?
Removing windows XP activation message box manually requires few simple and quick steps and you will be completely free of all the unwanted, frustrating activation messages. Procedure to be followed is as mentioned.
- First you need to log in to your windows XP machine with administration rights.
- Go to the “start” menu and search for “regedit” there.
- In the registry, locate the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents” directory.
- Double click on the “OOBETimer”
- Make the following change in the string of letters
“FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD”
- Confirm the change by pressing “okay” and the setting will be saved.
- By right clicking the “WPAevents” folder, select “permissions”.
- Now in order to remove and disable the unnecessary activation messages you are required to deny them the permission by clicking “okay” to save the configuration.
You are now free of being interrupted by the infuriating activation messages and can work in a comfortable, smooth running system
XP activation removal software
One other way to get rid of these annoying, time consuming activation messages is to install suitable software designed for the removal of the XP activation messages. A variety of softwares are available for this purpose and before picking one, it is recommended that you go though its specifications and online reviews. After downloading it into your system, make sure you run them through an antimalware program before finally installing them. This is important as the software can sometimes act as a spyware, stealing some significant information from your system. Now you are required to test its suitability to you y checking whether it removes the activation messages effectively o not.
Using either of the two ways provided, you can easily make your system free of these activation messages popping out at irrelevant times causing much trouble to you.